Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Silver Member
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 234
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bluevoice View Post
    I have more or less the same setup as you (Philips TV and Philips HTS), but my findings are somewhat different. I've set the TV speakers to "Easylink autostart" so that the sound gets routed through my HTS speakers. This is how the startup sequence works on my setup: I start the TV and it gives the autostart signal to the HTS. The HTS has a long startup time. Now before the HTS is completely started the TV checks if the sound can be routed through the HTS. This fails and TV gives the message "Can't switch to external speakers, internal speakers active". Now if I wait a little longer until the HTS finally starts up entierly I get a second message saying "External speakers active". Seems that when the HTS is up and running it gives a new signal to the TV and this switches to the external speakers as soon as it gets that signal. So, it takes some time (average 60 seconds) but this setup works.

I also use a CI+ module and I also see this pop-up, but it goes away by itself after a couple of seconds. To me this only occurs on encrypted channels of my TV provider, UPC.

This seems to be normal, Easylink shows that it sees 2 devices but cannot identify them (see my previous post).

I do agree with you that Philips could make things better, the software is not optimal, but I don't expect to see more support for the 2k11 tv's as Philips now fully focuses on the 2k12 models and the new 2k13 line.
    I think my Easylink is completly broke since the new FW update.
    I resetet the TV now 2x im completly, disabled and enabled Easylink with many restarts and shutdowns (soft and hard). But my TV is unable to get any device connected over Easylink. I contacted the support, and they told me that the "Undefined" message during start looks like a HW malfunction and they want to send someone to repair my TV.

I still think its a problem of the FW. I will try to reinstall the current FW maybe something got wrong?

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Reflashing the FW is not possible... :-( At least not the updating way...

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 612
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

you can try to reflash via downgrade method...

Toengel@Alex

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Toengel View Post
    Hi,

you can try to reflash via downgrade method...

Toengel@Alex
    My easylink trouble is somehow fixed... I resetted the TV Multiple times. Without reflashing! Now Easylink it currently working as it should. But how long?!?

AMP starts with the TV. Every device is Propperly recognized. The support suggested to me to dont plug the power cord of the tv. So my tv is now always in standby. It seems to help.

#########
    But im Still annoyed of the Sound issue in combination with my AMP and HDMI ARC. I have still that sound drops with all Dolby Digital 5.1 Sources when they are played over my AMP.

Its also there with streams from Videociety which are in "Dolby Digital 5.1". Thats so annoying to watch Movies with 5.1 Dolby over the internal Speaker while having a nice AMP connected to the TV.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I applied this latest version. Only thing I noticed is that USB recording on external HD runs smoother then it justed to do.
    What has not been fixed is the channel update, which doesn't work. During a phone call with Philips, a few months ago, I was told that this would be fixed in the next update.
    Now, for every new channel, I have to do a complete install (and loose my favorites). Funny, my Sony Bravia doesn't need to install a channel, you can just choose any channel....
    I still have a lot of reboots, after having used Net-tv.

47PFL7606H/12

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by doener View Post
    My easylink trouble is somehow fixed... I resetted the TV Multiple times. Without reflashing! Now Easylink it currently working as it should. But how long?!?
    The same to me. About 70% of the inital Easylink-handshakes are working, but for 30% I have to switch on/of the Soundbar (HTS7111 on 55PFL7606K/02). Furthermore, I have the same error-message described by bluevoice, but the system is working afterwards. Perhaps the new standby-software will improve the situation, I'll try this in a few weeks.

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Overdrive
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi all.

For any technical feedback to this FW please follow this link and fill in the template. This will make it easier for us to report what you are experiencing. Both positive and negative feedback is welcome.

Note:
    That thread is only for technical feedback and template have to be used.

Best regards,
    Benedickte
    Forum Mod

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 78
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TVMechanic View Post
    ...I still have a lot of reboots, after having used Net-tv...
    The same for me. My tv always reboots after having used Net-tv (or Smart TV, I've got a 37PFL7606), specifically when I finished watching video ("Uitzending Gemist", "RTL XL", "NOS Journaal" ect.) and return to the Home menu. I don't have any issues with Easylink, but is an update of the Standby Software a possible solution for this situation too? My tv runs the latest firmware and switching EasyLink off has no effect on this behaviour.
    Last edited by Lucky Kameleon; 12-14-2012 at 11:33 AM. Reason: typo

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by centpede View Post
    The same to me. About 70% of the inital Easylink-handshakes are working, but for 30% I have to switch on/of the Soundbar (HTS7111 on 55PFL7606K/02). Furthermore, I have the same error-message described by bluevoice, but the system is working afterwards. Perhaps the new standby-software will improve the situation, I'll try this in a few weeks.
    I realy start to hate my Philips TV. I updated the Standby FW, I verifyed that its really installed. One day later again Easylink is compleatly out of work. now im trying again since one houre to get tv to see the connected devices. Turing easylink of, shutting down,wait, remove the power cord, wait, plugi again, wait, ,turn on, wait, enable easylink, wait, powerof ,wait, power on hdmi devices, wait, trun on tv, and so on. ... THIS IS BULL S*IT!

My 55PFL7606k02 is so unreliable I would like to buy a new TV because of this bugs. I think I start the "Repair" prozess now. After 3 failed trys I can get my money back! (And I know philips cant fix software issues by replacing HW parts).

but i like the TV, its features, non glossy, big, ambilight, 3d easy (Polarization). but i simply cant live with such a buggy device! --> I have no choice!
    Last edited by Philips - Benedickte; 12-19-2012 at 01:16 PM. Reason: removed inappropriate language

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I realy start to hate my Philips TV. I updated the Standby FW, I verifyed that its really installed. One day later again Easylink is compleatly out of work. now im trying again since one houre to get tv to see the connected devices. Turing easylink of, shutting down,wait, remove the power cord, wait, plugi again, wait, ,turn on, wait, enable easylink, wait, powerof ,wait, power on hdmi devices, wait, trun on tv, and so on. ... THIS IS BULL S*IT!

My 55PFL7606k02 is so unreliable I would like to buy a new TV because of this bugs. I think I start the "Repair" prozess now. After 3 failed trys I can get my money back! (And I know philips cant fix software issues by replacing HW parts).

but i like the TV, its features, non glossy, big, ambilight, 3d easy (Polarization). but i simply cant live with such a buggy device! --> I have no choice!
    I have 3 Easylink devices (AMP,RaspBerry,PS3) and 2 Not Easylink devices (Unitimedia HD Recorder and HDMI cable which is sometimes attached to a notebook).

I brought my tv to standby and startet the PS3. The TV turned on an switched to HDMI 1 but PS3 was on HDMI 3? It was than also not recognized and not in the "Home" menu.

I now resetet the TV again(its so annoying). Turned to standby. wait. pulled the power cord. wait. put the powercord back in. wait.
    than I turned the TV on, configured the TV and copied back the channel list. (no devices in home menu, but all in standby and connected)
    than i turnd the tv back to standby. Started my ps3, the tv turns on and switches to HDMI 3. I can also see the PS3 in the home menu again.
    i did the same with the raspberry and my amp. All worked after the reset.

So all easylink devices are currently back in the "Home" menu. But how long?
    Last edited by Philips - Benedickte; 12-19-2012 at 01:16 PM. Reason: removed inappropriate language

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredNew Achievement!1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    I hate my PFL7606 for this 3 big troubles:

1. Built-in player can not display cyrillic subtutles. WHY? Why are you made TV for sales in RUSSIA (and others) without cyrillic subtitles support?!
    2. Rewind works with only one speed now. There were some speeds earlier in previous firmwares. Why it moved away?
    3. GHOSTING* is simply AWFUL in 3D when plays by TV buitl-in player!!! PLEASE, do something with it!!! I want to see 3D normally!

*Crosstalk (or image ghosting) in 3D mode
    Last edited by RomanSO; 12-16-2012 at 03:13 PM.

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Easylink

I have 3 Easylink devices (AMP,RaspBerry,PS3) and 2 Not Easylink devices (Unitimedia HD Recorder and HDMI cable which is sometimes attached to a notebook).

I brought my tv to standby and startet the PS3. The TV turned on an switched to HDMI 1 but PS3 was on HDMI 3? It was than also not recognized and not in the "Home" menu.

I now resetet the TV again(its so annoying). Turned to standby. wait. pulled the power cord. wait. put the powercord back in. wait.
    than I turned the TV on, configured the TV and copied back the channel list. (no devices in home menu, but all in standby and connected)
    than i turnd the tv back to standby. Started my ps3, the tv turns on and switches to HDMI 3. I can also see the PS3 in the home menu again.
    i did the same with the raspberry and my amp. All worked after the reset.

So all easylink devices are currently back in the "Home" menu. But how long?
    Since my last post it happend again 2x. that all Easylink devices got lost after standby. It seems somehow its related to the HDMI device which was enabled before I turned off the TV.
    If I let the TV on HDMI1 (AMP & RaspBerry) and power off my TV and if than my Raspberry crashes while the tv is off, all Easylink devices are lost from the TV Homemenu. To get them working i have to turn off the TV (Standby) and restart the raspberry which then starts the TV and switches to the Raspberry on HDMI 1. After that all Easylink devices are back in the homemenu and working as they should (Except of the Digital Audio Routing issue to the AMP, which Philips is not cappable to ever fix it).

by the way.
    In the next year a cable company in parts of Germany will broadcast all FreeTV stations over DVB-C without encryption. This means that many people can watch digital TV without a special decryption module or Receiver. They can simple use the TVs integrated DVB-C module. I expect that allot more people will than see the that Digital Audio is not properly working over their AMPs.
    Last edited by doener; 12-22-2012 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Added information over free DVB-C broadcasts in Germany

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 148
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    Hi!

I also have a problem with Easylink. I have a 47pfl7656.
    I bought a HTL 5120. When turning thon sometimes it works. But often the TV turns on and also the Soundbar but then there is no sound. I have to powercycle the Soundbar 1 or 2 time before I get sound from it. Is there a solution for this problem?

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 612
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 75
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Why Why Why???

Quote Originally Posted by RomanSO View Post
    Excuse me that not to your question, but PROBLEMS STILL THE SAME some last firmwares!
    I hate my PFL7606 for this 3 big troubles:

1. Built-in player can not display subtutles. Any mkv movie! WHY?
    2. Rewind works with only one speed now. There were some speeds earlier in previous firmwares. Why it moved away?
    3. GHOSTING* is simply AWFUL in 3D when plays by TV buitl-in player!!! PLEASE, do something with it!!! I want to see 3D normally!

*Crosstalk (or image ghosting) in 3D mode
    hi, i`m asked them this question several time BUT! no one answered me to!!!

1) Built-in player = useless,very slow, stuck\hang\not responding and reboot my TV some time
    2) 3D from USB via built-in player WORKED before i update firmware (to 14.93 and so on till now) and now we get GHOSTING with any movie (movie that i watched before)
    and now i (and all other users) cannot enjoy 3D from Philips 3D TV! Why?????? this feature worked fine before!!

Please answer us that this feature worked, and now they gone! and we (Philips dev) cannot fix them back!!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast