Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 148
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Toengel View Post
    Thanks for your help.
    Seems to work now. Why don't they put this in the normal Firmware?!?

Thomas

Silver Member
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 234
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by desight View Post
    hi, i`m asked them this question several time BUT! no one answered me to!!!

1) Built-in player = useless,very slow, stuck\hang\not responding and reboot my TV some time
    2) 3D from USB via built-in player WORKED before i update firmware (to 14.93 and so on till now) and now we get GHOSTING with any movie (movie that i watched before)
    and now i (and all other users) cannot enjoy 3D from Philips 3D TV! Why?????? this feature worked fine before!!

Please answer us that this feature worked, and now they gone! and we (Philips dev) cannot fix them back!!!!
    On my PFL7606K02 i dont use the built in player anymore. It just like 90% of my TV, simply to unreliable, most things dont play, stop, freeze, skips, hangs, during the play. The 3D Gosting with the built in player sounds strange. In my mind the, 7606 has polarization technic and the software should not affect ghosting...
    Yesterday i saw a bad 3D movie with allot of Ghosting but it was the movie with bad 3D.

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by doener View Post
    Since my last post it happend again 2x. that all Easylink devices got lost after standby. It seems somehow its related to the HDMI device which was enabled before I turned off the TV.
    If I let the TV on HDMI1 (AMP & RaspBerry) and power off my TV and if than my Raspberry crashes while the tv is off, all Easylink devices are lost from the TV Homemenu. To get them working i have to turn off the TV (Standby) and restart the raspberry which then starts the TV and switches to the Raspberry on HDMI 1. After that all Easylink devices are back in the homemenu and working as they should (Except of the Digital Audio Routing issue to the AMP, which Philips is not cappable to ever fix it).

by the way.
    In the next year a cable company in parts of Germany will broadcast all FreeTV stations over DVB-C without encryption. This means that many people can watch digital TV without a special decryption module or Receiver. They can simple use the TVs integrated DVB-C module. I expect that allot more people will than see the that Digital Audio is not properly working over their AMPs.
    Now Again all EasyLink devices gone... With the new StandBy FW 92.0....
    Now i cant even get them back if i let the tv start from a easylink device.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 75
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Problem Found

On my PFL7606K02 i dont use the built in player anymore. It just like 90% of my TV, simply to unreliable, most things dont play, stop, freeze, skips, hangs, during the play. The 3D Gosting with the built in player sounds strange. In my mind the, 7606 has polarization technic and the software should not affect ghosting...
    Yesterday i saw a bad 3D movie with allot of Ghosting but it was the movie with bad 3D.
    Maybe you right about Polarization Technic, and if so... seems that i have a problem with my TV set specifically, but after i performed some debugging research and notice that when i running 3D video from build-in player or youtube app with default display profile (vivid,movie,games,etc...) in all of them i can easily notice heavy ghosting effect!!! BUT when i chose Photo profile, the brightness theme changing and ghosting still appear (like with all profiles) till i press OK button and Display profile menu closed (menu in the left side of the screen)! then ghosting immediately disappear!!!! and i can see clear 3D effect with 0 ghosting! and after deeper debugging, i can definitely say, that if i chose any display profile and set clarity to 0 or 1 ghosting effect not appear at all!!! in clarity level 2 and up you can easily spot heavy ghosting!!! (seems that from level 2 to 10 in clarity there is no difference in ghosting strength!!! all level is same strength)

can philips reproduce this issue in there lab? (TV is PFL7606H currently i am on 14.093 FW , on older FW this issue is not appear)
    if this problem with my TV set... what can i do? (got it year ago, have another year of warranty )
    if this is software problem, please fix it!
    @ all users: please check with your TV`s if you can notice any ghosting effect from build-in player post your current FW/TV Model and replay my message, thanks!
    Last edited by desight; 12-31-2012 at 10:41 AM.

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by desight View Post
    Maybe you right about Polarization Technic, and if so... seems that i have a problem with my TV set specifically, but after i performed some debugging research and notice that when i running 3D video from build-in player or youtube app with default display profile (vivid,movie,games,etc...) in all of them i can easily notice heavy ghosting effect!!! BUT when i chose Photo profile, the brightness theme changing and ghosting still appear (like with all profiles) till i press OK button and Display profile menu closed (menu in the left side of the screen)! then ghosting immediately disappear!!!! and i can see clear 3D effect with 0 ghosting! and after deeper debugging, i can definitely say, that if i chose any display profile and set clarity to 0 or 1 ghosting effect not appear at all!!! in clarity level 2 and up you can easily spot heavy ghosting!!! (seems that from level 2 to 10 in clarity there is no difference in ghosting strength!!! all level is same strength)

can philips reproduce this issue in there lab? (TV is PFL7606H currently i am on 14.093 FW , on older FW this issue is not appear)
    if this problem with my TV set... what can i do? (got it year ago, have another year of warranty )
    if this is software problem, please fix it!
    @ all users: please check with your TV`s if you can notice any ghosting effect from build-in player post your current FW/TV Model and replay my message, thanks!

@desight
    I'm able to reproduce it with the built in Player but not with a HDMI source which plays the same SBS movie.

Its proppably a wrong used image preProcessor. That thing wich enhances the picture quality, reduces artefacts, sharpness, etc. This can indeed create Ghosting when it optimises to much or wrong on 3D content. The Clarity option, in German its "Schärfe" -> sharpness, is usually a Edge detector wich increases the contrast on found edges in every displayed image. (this makes the image look more clear, but in 3D movies if the left and right picture have no matching edges -> Ghosting.

HDMI Source: Clarity works like expected
    Internal Movie Player: Clarity increases the picture Brightness allot. It looks like the Edge detected picture gets just Added to the source picture. Clarity level 10 looks nearly like b&w edge image without the source picture.

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    @desight
    I'm able to reproduce it with the built in Player but not with a HDMI source which plays the same SBS movie.

Its proppably a wrong used image preProcessor. That thing wich enhances the picture quality, reduces artefacts, sharpness, etc. This can indeed create Ghosting when it optimises to much or wrong on 3D content. The Clarity option, in German its "Schärfe" -> sharpness, is usually a Edge detector wich increases the contrast on found edges in every displayed image. (this makes the image look more clear, but in 3D movies if the left and right picture have no matching edges -> Ghosting.

HDMI Source: Clarity works like expected
    Internal Movie Player: Clarity increases the picture Brightness allot. It looks like the Edge detected picture gets just Added to the source picture. Clarity level 10 looks nearly like b&w edge image without the source picture.
    Maybe you right, but this is must not to bother us! (Customer)
    all the more so that image was clear on previous FW version (on any level of "Clarity\Sharpness")
    and the second thing is that if you switch from clarity 1 to 2 picture not changing gradually! you can immediately see ghosting! AND if you switch from 2 to 1 (backward), picture still have heavy ghosting till you press OK! and then immediately dissapear!! if you keep in mind all this things that i wrote, you cannot call this not the other way than the FIRMWARE BUG! that must be fixed in next "Update"

also it is very interesting to hear philips devs explaining this issues (if it is)
    Last edited by desight; 01-02-2013 at 04:55 PM.

Silver Member
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Tagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Thanks
    Nice. Will install this.
    Will 2D to 3D conversion be added?
    Can it be updated through WiFi, or do I need to use USB.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    My Experience with 14.104

TV 47PFL7606K/02
    View by SAT.

After watching more intense during the holidays here my experience with SW 14.104

+1 Picture and sound are still good
    +2 could not find any new bugs

On the down side:

-1 16:9 transmissions have big black stripes on top and bottom
    This takes away about 20% of the picture so I am watching 37" on my 47" TV.
    Sure I can set it to "EXPAND 16:9", ( it takes 7 clicks on the egg remote),
    but then the other transmissions are too big.
    This leads to big hassles within the family.
    Actually I would expect the "AUTO FILL" also to expand the 16:9 transmissions.
    Our previous TVs did so.

-2 Hbb TV does not work anymore on German Private channels like SAT1, ProSieben, Kabel Eins etc.
    This was more or less OK on versions before 14.101
    Public German channels like Das Erste, ZDF, WDR are OK.

-3 The info text should contains a header and a text block. However with SAT reception (DVB-S) these two get mixed up leading to missing characters or strange characters. Again best noticed on private channels like ProSieben, KabelEins, VOX etc.
    This looks like a bug which is simple to fix, the more while it is correct with digital cable (DVB-C)

-4 The EPG still does not work.
    Even after connecting and formatting an HDD, there seems to be no usable functionality here.
    It also lists up channels which I did not mark as favorite.

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Flowersun View Post
    My Experience with 14.104

TV 47PFL7606K/02
    View by SAT.

After watching more intense during the holidays here my experience with SW 14.104

+1 Picture and sound are still good
    +2 could not find any new bugs

On the down side:

-1 16:9 transmissions have big black stripes on top and bottom
    This takes away about 20% of the picture so I am watching 37" on my 47" TV.
    Sure I can set it to "EXPAND 16:9", ( it takes 7 clicks on the egg remote),
    but then the other transmissions are too big.
    This leads to big hassles within the family.
    Actually I would expect the "AUTO FILL" also to expand the 16:9 transmissions.
    Our previous TVs did so.

-2 Hbb TV does not work anymore on German Private channels like SAT1, ProSieben, Kabel Eins etc.
    This was more or less OK on versions before 14.101
    Public German channels like Das Erste, ZDF, WDR are OK.

-3 The info text should contains a header and a text block. However with SAT reception (DVB-S) these two get mixed up leading to missing characters or strange characters. Again best noticed on private channels like ProSieben, KabelEins, VOX etc.
    This looks like a bug which is simple to fix, the more while it is correct with digital cable (DVB-C)

-4 The EPG still does not work.
    Even after connecting and formatting an HDD, there seems to be no usable functionality here.
    It also lists up channels which I did not mark as favorite.

Hi, thanks for sharing your expiriance! can you please perform some testing of built-in player on 14.104 running 3D content (SBS\Over-Under) from USB or YouTube on all display`s profile (vivid,game,movie.etc...)? and tell us if you see any ghosting effect when TV`s clarity\brightness set above 1?

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hello Desight,

today I checked your subject and yes, I could reproduce on many (not all) 3D movies within You Tube.

I found one video where is is particularly obvious, so lets create a reference for the QA department.

Go to Net-TV then select you You Tube and select 'search'
    Type "kiwirail 3d" to find an SBS video of a train from Sept. 8 2012.
    ( Be sure to select the 3D one, there is a 2D video as well)

Unfortunatly we have to set the TV in 3D mode for each video, taking 5 clicks.
    Now play the video and let the train run over the bridge and pause after the engine has passed.
    You can then note the ghost effect clearly on the poles of the waggons.

Now to your comments:
    I guess you mean with clarity\brightness actually 'sharpness'
    My TV was set to sharpness = 4 ( Brightness = 50)
    Now with the train paused I changed to sharpness = 0 and then let it run again and pause it again.
    Now ghosting is almost completly gone!

So there is definetly a relation with the sharpness setting and the ghost effect.
    and yes, it is still present in 14.104
    It is best seen when there are objects outside against a clear blue sky.
    Several videos show these effect, but there are others e.g. some gaming demos where it is completely
    absent.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Updated today after having a lot of Epg problems.

Fitst of all: when i goto software update trough internet it says software up to date ( was running v101)
    So i have to update trough USB .

Second: when switching on the tv i see the authentification of the Ci+ module.

Rest seems to work okay.... Until further testing......

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

I have just upgraded to FW v0.14.104 on my 46pfl6606t and everything seems to work ok.

In another post i saw that there was a recommendation to upgrade the standby firmware to 92.00.00.
    checked my version and it says 90.67.00 -should i update this?

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,325
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

if you have sometimes issues with Easylink, than you can update the standby firmware...

Toengel@Alex

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 148
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by born_trippy View Post
    Hi!

I also have a problem with Easylink. I have a 47pfl7656.
    I bought a HTL 5120. When turning thon sometimes it works. But often the TV turns on and also the Soundbar but then there is no sound. I have to powercycle the Soundbar 1 or 2 time before I get sound from it. Is there a solution for this problem?
    Tried the standby firmware upgrade but this does not help. Maybe it is the soundbar that is not working correctly.

At my neighbors I have seen a LG TV + HTS system and their Easylink TV user interface seems pretty nice compared to Philips.

Thanks

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!31 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by whoppi View Post
    Hi,

I have just upgraded to FW v0.14.104 on my 46pfl6606t and everything seems to work ok.

In another post i saw that there was a recommendation to upgrade the standby firmware to 92.00.00.
    checked my version and it says 90.67.00 -should i update this?

Where did jou find the standby firmware, cant find it

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast