• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Bronze Member
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 162
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Thumbs down Channels misordering!

Damn!
    Today i switched on my 32pfl9604 and found that most channels are not on their positions (i sorted them manually)!
    One week ago the channels begins changing their positions. It begans from channels that are not my favorites and not worried about this. But today most channels are no more at their positions.
    Yes, the auto update channel list option is enabled. But i think that update should not change sorting! Update should only add new channels and _ask_ about channel deletion if a channel is not translating more. This is correct update, not random channel reordering!
    Now what?
    I must manually sort all the 160 channels again?

Thank you very much for pleasant evening!
    Last edited by avia; 01-26-2011 at 07:22 PM.

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,187
    Overall activity: 96.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

for example in Germany many providers need to change some channels (anlogue cable) due to frequency changes. Maybe this is also your problem?

Toengel@Alex

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 162
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Maybe.
    But all of the reordered channels are DVB-C channels in my case.
    Anyway i belive that channel update should not touch channel numbering.

Ok. Even if a channel has changed their frequency then still there is a possibility to identify it via it's name which is also translated (digital channeks).
    I also understand that even if the old name is equal to new one then in reality these two channels can be completely different.

But i don't understand why all this should affect channel numbering scheme, especially where this scheme was manually created!!!

Today it has found two new channels again and again the numbering is reordered!

PS. I know that there is a service menu and that in this menu a possibility to save and restore channel list exists. In my case i should use this. But this not normal solution because of: 1) the service memu is primary not designed for users and i don't like to use it and 2) i can't predict the situation in future.
    Last edited by Philips; 01-27-2011 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Inappropriate language.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Exclamation Channel reordering problem

Hi,

I have the same problem.

One day I sit and spend hours to order the channels .. and then the next day after an automatic channel search the channels are all over the place.

Some channels (that are still broadcasted) are lost, some are moved around.
    The worst part is I think that if a channel (DVB-T) has same name as an analog one, then the two channels are somehow mixed up.
    For example: if I already have an analog channel called "PLUS", then DVB-T will not find and list (when searching) a digital channel with same name.

A manual or automatic channel update should never reorder my mannually defined channel order. Why is there a channel ordering in the first place if that isn't going to be observed, remebered and kept by the system?

This is very frustrating and counter productive.

I vote that this bug is looked at and fixed as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

George

P.S. Please note that even after the analog swicth off, analog channels will still be used by cable providers, therefore I don't see a situation any time soon, when only DVB-T channels will be used. So please treat same named DVB-T and Analog channels as separate channels.