Topic: A5 problems and frustrations
12-03-2012, 06:27 AM #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2012
- Den Haag
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
- Rep Power
A5 problems and frustrations
A5 and AirStudio App problems and frustrations
I am one of the lucky ones that were allowed to test the Philips Fidelio A5 trough The Insiders and I was invited to a demonstration in Eindhoven. During this special night we had a very excited manager who showed us all the ins and outs. He told us to tell Philips if we found errors and/or problems with the software and App. Hence, we would like to open a new post on this forum, in which we’ll let you know the rather annoying cons of this otherwise wonderful product.
We are happy with the general sound and the sleek design of the A5. Granted, the sound is not surround, but that is expected when you only have one speaker. The sound that emerges from that one speaker however, is very good.
The issues that we have concern the Airtstudio App. We thought it might be easier to make a list of the “problems”.
Air Studio App and it's bugs and frustrations:
• App is so slow it’s frustrating.
• Next song button seems to crash our system constantly.
• Battery smartphone is flat within 2 hours of using the App.
• Adjusting loudness is not user-friendly, Due to the slow app a + and – button would be preferred.
• When using the “play all” option, you always get the same songs, so when the A5 loses connection (which is annoyingly often) you start the directory again and start off with the same songs.
• Large directories with loads of songs seem to be too much for the App, the App crashes and you lose connection.
• When using Spotify, the next song button works but display keeps showing the first song.
• When wanting to stop Spotify music, there is no stop button, the only way to stop the music is to use the pause button and stop the whole application.
we are Philips fans, and we were thrilled to be invited to a special Philips night before we were allowed to test this product. We like the actual sound a lot and we love the design and the idea of this way of playing music. However, we are getting increasingly frustrated with the issues that this product has. It seems to me like a great idea on paper, 1 we would love to own. However, we feel that the product is not ready yet to be sold and tested. Hopefully one of the Philips moderators or software engineers will address these issues and work with all the testers of the insiders to make this product what it can be…A great new and working system that we are proud to own!
By MelBeemster in forum Apps: Audio AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 12-29-2012, 08:49 AM
By FifthAxiom in forum TV: Software 2013 models and olderReplies: 4Last Post: 11-20-2012, 10:08 AM