Hybrid View

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class31 days registered100 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Unhappy 'The Requested Page is Not Available At The Moment - Smart TV 32PFL6007T/12

I have not been able to access Smart TV since since I bought my Philips 32PFL6007T/12 a week ago.

You need to know that I have a BT Infinity Router, it will become obvious why.

When I start Smart TV I get the message 'Signing up', followed by the message, 'The Requested Page is Not
    Available At The Moment'. I have also seen the message 'Philips Server not found, try again later'.

Here is what I have tried:

1. I have checked that the TV has a working network connection. I have connected it to a wired connection and it has been allocated an IP address by my Router. I also succesfully connected it to my router via wireless. I can see the TV from the router and use the media functions.

2. I have updated the firmware to 000.150.048.014.

3. I have reset the TV to Factory Settings following successful application of the firmware upgrade. I reset the network cache and reinstalled the TV.

My experience with Philips Consumer Support has been dreadful. They advised me to upgrade the Firmware and reinstall the TV, both of which I had already done. They advised me to ask my ISP to switch off 'Cloud Protection' but offer no explanation as to what 'cloud protection' is. I work for a Software as a Service software company and 'Cloud Protection' is not an industry-known term. I have asked repeatedly for more information, something I can try, a conversation with someone who understands elementary terms like 'firewall', 'port forwarding' and 'DMZ' but no one is available.

I called my ISP, BT and asked them about it. I was put through to their Smart TV team, who confirm that they do not recognise the term 'Cloud Protection' and could offer no further advice.

Finally, I set up my Apple iPhone as a Wi-Fi hotspot and tethered the Philips TV to that. This worked, albeit slowly and the Smart TV license agreement appeared, followed by the Home Page. However, when I reconnected it to the Router, Smart TV stopped working.

Today I spoke to another member of the Philips Consumer Team who told me that they were having problems with their Smart TV service since they put it in the hands of the IBM Cloud. So now we know. He told me that they could see my TV connect to their servers, but this is not enough to get Smart TV working. He promised to get back to me.

John Lewis, where I bought the TV have offered me a replacement, but since it works tethered to my phone, I don't think that would do much good.

Is anyone else experincing these problems? Have you got as far as I have?

Many thanks

Part 2

I'm adding this because the problem is now solved. I realised that Philips Smart tv does work on my TV if it's tethered to a different Internet device than my router. So I took one more look through my BT Infinity Router's settings and tried all the options. Buried in the Advanced Settings I found an option called Port Clamping and I enabled it. Smart TV now works. I still rate Philips Technical Support poor, however the TV is great. I proceeded to watch a BBC documentary on the iPlayer about Holland.
    Last edited by pollyandhecuba; 12-10-2012 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Problem resolved

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Problem resolved

On the BT Infinity Router you need to enable Port Clamping to get Smart Tv to work. Port Clamping is in Advanced Settings / Broadband / VPN.

Good luck!

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Problem not resolved

Problem not resolved.

I thought I had resolved this, but I have not.

To recap, I have a BT Infinity Router which appears not to allow Smart TV, either wired or wireless. I have opened ports, tried DMZ, the lot.

I can get Smart TV to work when I connect it to my Mac which is sharing its wired Internet connection via Wi Fi. What confused me is that having done the connection via the Mac, if I flip the TV to Wired (and thus my BT Router) Smart TV continues to work until the TV is switched off.

Rebooting the TV returns to the error state.

So there is a bug in the TV which prevents it from doing the initial handshake via the BT Router.

I would be grateful from hearing from other BT Infinity customers with a Philips TV.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pollyandhecuba For This Useful Post:

haslamhazza (12-23-2012)

Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I have a 55PFL8007K/12 type TV and I have a similar problem.

I can connect the TV to the router but when I try to open Smart TV, I am getting this error message continuously:

"The Requested Page is Not Available At The Moment"

Could you please help me about that?

Gold Member
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 179
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second ClassOverdriveNew Achievement!5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Dear anergiz,

Please do not post copy's of your problem in several topics becaus this causes some confusion at "what's new"

Thx bta
    Last edited by bta; 12-31-2012 at 02:16 PM.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Just to confirm - This problem is not yet resolved.

I thought it was resolved because I can share the internet connection of my Mac to my TV and it then works. When I connect to the Router (wired) without turning off the TV, the session stays up.

However switching off the TV drops the connection and Smart TV then has to connect back up through the Router and fails.

Is this a problem with BT Infinity or Homehub 3?

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pollyandhecuba View Post

I thought it was resolved because I can share the internet connection of my Mac to my TV and it then works. When I connect to the Router (wired) without turning off the TV, the session stays up.

However switching off the TV drops the connection and Smart TV then has to connect back up through the Router and fails.

Well I had the same problem and searching the internet I did not find a solution. I bought a Philips 46PFL80007T/12 last week and had the same messages when trying to connect with Smart TV. BT Infinity clueless after 2 phone calls to them.

I have managed to solve this problem by replacing the BT HomeHub with as ASUS RT-N12 in Router mode. I had this lying around from last year and I paid less than £15 from it brand new. Just goes to show it was the Homehub blocking smart services.

I hope this helps someone.

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!7 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pollyandhecuba View Post

I have basically the same problem.
    TV is Philips 42PFL6007T/12
    Router is BT Home Hub 3
    I have up to date TV software, manually updated with USB stick to QF1EU-0.150.82.0

I know the TV connects to the WiFi router, but for some reason isn;t getting to the web based content.
    It is looking for content from URL https://www.ecdinterface.philips.com/devicesignon/... (rest obscured)
    I can see there is a valid security certificate (options/security info) and the page is secure

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 78
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!7 days registered

Level
    Thanks

The requested page is not available at the moment (BT Home Hub 3)

Quote Originally Posted by goldendodo View Post
    I have basically the same problem.
    TV is Philips 42PFL6007T/12
    Router is BT Home Hub 3
    I have up to date TV software, manually updated with USB stick to QF1EU-0.150.82.0

I know the TV connects to the WiFi router, but for some reason isn;t getting to the web based content.
    It is looking for content from URL https://www.ecdinterface.philips.com/devicesignon/... (rest obscured)
    I can see there is a valid security certificate (options/security info) and the page is secure

I have exactly the same issue with a 46PFL7007T/12 I purchased on the weekend. I upgraded the TV firmware via USB to the latest (QF1EU-0.150.82.0_bld8a). Still not connecting.

On the BT Home Hub 3, I've tried switching off the firewall temporarily and also the Port Clamping previously mentioned but no joy.

Has anyone (including Philips), got any ideas of how to get this working? Seems a pitty to have spent so much money on a nice new smart TV that you can't use all the features on.

Thanks.

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hi Guys ... did you ever get resolution to this problem? I have had exactly the same experience since October of last year - suggestions from Philips Tech Support and complete stonewalling from BT - and the TV still does not connect, although it's fine when my neighbour kindly allowed me to connected through their Tesco-net connection. Thanks

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!7 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigarm View Post
    Hi Guys ... did you ever get resolution to this problem? I have had exactly the same experience since October of last year - suggestions from Philips Tech Support and complete stonewalling from BT - and the TV still does not connect, although it's fine when my neighbour kindly allowed me to connected through their Tesco-net connection. Thanks
    The answer is no.

I have been trying to resolve with Philips however had a lot of problem getting through to the right people. If they solve the problem I will let you know.

I never got a response to my specific and detailed forum posting. Which is pretty lousy customer service.

From what I have read this is a common problem but most people either give up or don't try to use the Smart TV features.

I strongly encourage everybody with problems similar to use support chat/email, post to forum, and if that gets nowhere raise a formal complaint.

BT is the largest ISP in the UK. All new customers get the Home Hub 3. All my other devices can connect, including Sky, PS3, Sony media box, mobile phone, tablet and home PC. I have NEVER had a problem with my other devices. Clearly Philips are doing something funky.

If I get nowhere I will be raising with trading standards. Philips should not be able to advertise as they do if the Smart TV has consistent problems with a major ISP. It's false advertising.

Lodging a complaint and raising with trading standards will only be effective if lots of people do it.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I've also posted this on another thread but had no response...

I have a 46PFL7007T/12 TV. Net TV service has not worked at all over my BT Infinity Service, with the Home Hub 3 router. For some reason when teathered to my iPads 3G WiFi hotspot it did actually connect. The rest of the time I've had a message to say "The requested page is not available at the moment".

I logged a support ticket with Philips. The response was as its connected via my 3G connection they don't think its the TV and suggest its my internet connection. The traffic is only going over port 80 or 443 so its not restricted by my router. He said if I can solve it I'd be a national hero LOL.

Since then I've contacted Philips support 3 more times to try and find out where the TV is trying to connect to in order to do some network troubleshooting, which lets face it would help Philips and BT customers - no further responses from them. Really not a happy customer after spending such a lot on a new TV for these features. I'm contemplating getting a refund. I've ordered a DreyTek router at an additional £220. Anyone have any solutions of why it doesn't work?

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by marky_towers View Post
    I've also posted this on another thread but had no response...

I have a 46PFL7007T/12 TV. Net TV service has not worked at all over my BT Infinity Service, with the Home Hub 3 router. For some reason when teathered to my iPads 3G WiFi hotspot it did actually connect. The rest of the time I've had a message to say "The requested page is not available at the moment".

I logged a support ticket with Philips. The response was as its connected via my 3G connection they don't think its the TV and suggest its my internet connection. The traffic is only going over port 80 or 443 so its not restricted by my router. He said if I can solve it I'd be a national hero LOL.

Since then I've contacted Philips support 3 more times to try and find out where the TV is trying to connect to in order to do some network troubleshooting, which lets face it would help Philips and BT customers - no further responses from them. Really not a happy customer after spending such a lot on a new TV for these features. I'm contemplating getting a refund. I've ordered a DreyTek router at an additional £220. Anyone have any solutions of why it doesn't work?
    To update this, I replaced my BT Home Hub 3 router, and the modem it plugs in to with a DreyTek 2830vn wireless router. My Philips TV and my Panasonic Blu-ray player connected to their Smart TV features straight away.

Disappointing that Philips and BT didn't bother to respond to my support requests. It's not clear how and where the Smart TV features are trying to connect in order to properly troubleshoot. Since neither company will respond I will be writing formal complaints as suggested.

A note on the router - the Dreytek is not the cheapest you can get, but its a full featured bit of kit. Worth doing more research and reading customer reviews if you also plan to change your router. With the Dreytek it was just a question of entering in the BTinternet.com username and password for my account and restarting all my equipment.

Hope this helps.

Note to Philips and BT - shameful service!

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I have the same problem with my 47PFL6877T/12,
    S/N: ZH1O1246005889
    Ethernet MAC address: 18:8e:d5:a2:70:5c
    Router: D-Link, DIR 300

I can use Skype!!!,
    but Smart TV is always
    "The Requested Page is Not Available At The Moment"

WHAT I HAVE TO DO??? PLS HELP!!!