• Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

32PFL5206H/12 LED TV software

I have a 37PFL 5405H/12 LCD tv which plays video files (avi mp4 etc) via usb. I also have a 32PFL5206H/12 LED TV, which is a later model with better LED technology. However, I have today discovered that the 32 model does not play video files via USB, only music and picture files.

I am today aware that it is not spec'd to play videos but I was not aware of this when I bought it as the retailer didn't show me the specs. It seems to me that a later model with more advanced LED technology should be able to play videos via USB if the earlier less advanced model can.

I am considering returning the 32 model to the retailer as I bought both tvs for their ability to play downloaded tv series and movies with ease. However, as I understand it it should simply be a matter of adding the necessary codecs to a software upgrade to allow the 32 model to play movies. I would prefer to upgrade the software and keep the tv rather than return it to the retailer as otherwise I am very satisfied with it.

Can anyone from Philips support confirm if there is a software/codec upgrade planned for this model? I will have to return the TV within 14 days, so a prompt response would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Overdrive
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eogkel View Post
    I have a 37PFL 5405H/12 LCD tv which plays video files (avi mp4 etc) via usb. I also have a 32PFL5206H/12 LED TV, which is a later model with better LED technology. However, I have today discovered that the 32 model does not play video files via USB, only music and picture files.

I am today aware that it is not spec'd to play videos but I was not aware of this when I bought it as the retailer didn't show me the specs. It seems to me that a later model with more advanced LED technology should be able to play videos via USB if the earlier less advanced model can.

I am considering returning the 32 model to the retailer as I bought both tvs for their ability to play downloaded tv series and movies with ease. However, as I understand it it should simply be a matter of adding the necessary codecs to a software upgrade to allow the 32 model to play movies. I would prefer to upgrade the software and keep the tv rather than return it to the retailer as otherwise I am very satisfied with it.

Can anyone from Philips support confirm if there is a software/codec upgrade planned for this model? I will have to return the TV within 14 days, so a prompt response would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks

Hi Eogkel.

I am sorry to hear that the retailer did not show you the specs of the TV before you bought it and it does not meet your expertations and requirments in a TV.

There is not planned any upgrade of software to support video files for your model.

A little tips is to always ask the retailer about specs on a TV or specify to them what you want to use the TV for. This way they will be able to find a TV that suits your requirements

Best wishes and regards,
    Benedickte
    Forum Mod