Topic: AirStudio and AW1000
12-07-2012, 02:23 PM #1
- Join Date
- Dec 2012
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
- Rep Power
AirStudio and AW1000
I am using the AirStudio App for the AW1000.
The AW1000 itself in general is good.
However, the App (v.1.6.2) in practice is still a beta version. It has many problems/issues. To mention some:
Problems AirStudio app
- The App starts with an unnecessary intro screen (only the very first time this screen is helpful).
- The App screens are basically designed for phones. Screens for tablets, which show more information etc., are very much appreciated.
- The App is freezing many times on my Asus TF101 Android 4.0 tablet. I have to restart the App to continue using it. On my HTC Wildfire S Android phone the App almost never freezes.
- The App is very very slow.
- On my tablet I cannot change landscape in portrait.
- On my tablet many times the screens of the App are not 'complete' or 'damaged' (graphical issues?)
- The soft volume controls are hardly to find. When playing Spotify I can't find them at all. Why not using the hardware volume controls of the phone or tablet (like for example BubbleUPnP)?
- Why do I have to choose and connect the player and source every time I start the App? Why is the last selection not saved in memory before the App is closed?
- Many times the App losses the connection with the AW1000, especially after the tablet or phone returns from sleep mode.
- Battery of my smartphone is flat within a few hours of using the App.
- Why can we choose 10 presets for Internet Radio in the App, while the AW1000 has only 5 preset buttons?
- When selecting on the App a full album for playing from my network drive (using DNLA/UPnp) the AW1000 stops playing after approx. 5 songs. After that I have to use the App again to restart the remaining songs. Using BubbleUPnP instead of AirStudio I don't have this problem.
- When using an ethernet (wired) connection, it's impossible to change the IP-address, even if I change it in the router using DHCP.
Last edited by hoogbeek; 12-07-2012 at 03:04 PM.
By k1200rs in forum Sound: Fidelio Wireless Audio series (AW1000, AW2000, AW3000, AW5000, AW9000)Replies: 3Last Post: 01-01-2013, 03:12 PM
By MelBeemster in forum Apps: Audio AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 12-29-2012, 08:49 AM
By E-OnE in forum Sound: Fidelio Wireless Audio series (AW1000, AW2000, AW3000, AW5000, AW9000)Replies: 15Last Post: 12-22-2012, 02:28 PM
By k1200rs in forum Sound: Fidelio Wireless Audio series (AW1000, AW2000, AW3000, AW5000, AW9000)Replies: 4Last Post: 11-30-2012, 08:35 AM
By Pobe in forum Apps: Audio AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 11-17-2012, 10:34 PM