• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second ClassNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

37PFL9606H/12 vague with moving objects

Hi,

for two months I have the 37PFL9606 and whenever there's something on my screen that is fast moving, the screen turns vague around the object and then is sharp again when it's not moving anymore. The better the source of what's playing (HD TV or Bluray), the worse it looks and frustrates me.
    When there are subtitles and the objects behing it move, the whole area around the subtitles turn vague during the movement. Sometimes even the white of the subtitles can be seen for w fraction on the place they used to be during the movement.

Last week a mechanic was at my house and he understood (and saw) what I ment, but told me he couldn't do anything about it. He tried to put another motherboard inside, but this didn't make any difference. Also a software update didn't do anything. He also tried al the different configuration options in the menu but no success there either. He said that in that case it was just the specifications of the TV and that all tv's of this model would have this problem...

I just cannot believe that this is the situation with a tv that is the topline of Philips and that a tv with 800 Hrtz cannot display moving objects... Also I don't believe that if every 37PFL9606 has this problem, this tv gets such good reviews! The vague screen is very frustrating and is noticed by anyone that watches tv at my place.

Maybe there are some professionals of Philips on this forum that know whether I can do something about this problem or if there is another sollution that Philips can try to resolve this problem?

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Overdrive
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pvdleur View Post
    Hi,

for two months I have the 37PFL9606 and whenever there's something on my screen that is fast moving, the screen turns vague around the object and then is sharp again when it's not moving anymore. The better the source of what's playing (HD TV or Bluray), the worse it looks and frustrates me.
    When there are subtitles and the objects behing it move, the whole area around the subtitles turn vague during the movement. Sometimes even the white of the subtitles can be seen for w fraction on the place they used to be during the movement.

Last week a mechanic was at my house and he understood (and saw) what I ment, but told me he couldn't do anything about it. He tried to put another motherboard inside, but this didn't make any difference. Also a software update didn't do anything. He also tried al the different configuration options in the menu but no success there either. He said that in that case it was just the specifications of the TV and that all tv's of this model would have this problem...

I just cannot believe that this is the situation with a tv that is the topline of Philips and that a tv with 800 Hrtz cannot display moving objects... Also I don't believe that if every 37PFL9606 has this problem, this tv gets such good reviews! The vague screen is very frustrating and is noticed by anyone that watches tv at my place.

Maybe there are some professionals of Philips on this forum that know whether I can do something about this problem or if there is another sollution that Philips can try to resolve this problem?
    Hi Pvdleur.

Please see the PM i've sent you.

Best regards,
    Benedickte.
    Forum Mod

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!7 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Benedickte,

Could this also be applicable to my problem with the 46pfl9707?
    If so, send me a PM with solution as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Benedickte View Post
    Hi Pvdleur.

Please see the PM i've sent you.

Best regards,
    Benedickte.