Start-up issues when external devices like HTS are connected (SCC_96076).
Overview of model numbers and SW ID: Q555x_x18.104.22.168.xls
An upgrade of the Stand-by software is needed to counter issues like:
- Set reboots when switching between HTS (connected on HDMI) and other inputs.
- Loss of all HTS icons (due to reboot, CEC bus can be pulled down). Some HTS icons disappear but one. Only 1 HTS icon is present. Full control is still possible with this icon left.
Note: In fact all devices that use an Easylink (CEC) kind of communication can trigger the issue. Not only Philips HTS devices.
First ensure that the main TV software is upgraded to v14.104 (or later, but always choose the latest version).
1. Upgrade via USB: Upgrade the Stand-by SW via the UPG file (*). Place UPG file in an "Upgrades" directory on the USB stick.
2. Upgrade via Remote Service: an RS fix will be made available that will enable an upgrade of the Stdby SW via IP (#). This must be scheduled via the callcenter.
For more detailed instructions on how to upgrade via USB, read this post from "Bluevoice".
- (*) Files are attached.
- (#) Only applicable to IP-connected sets and in countries where the "Remote Service" feature is rolled out (currently only Nordic, DACh, and BeNeLux).
- Caution: Do not switch "off" the TV or remove the USB flash drive during the software update!
- If an error occurs during the update, retry the procedure. If the error re-occurs, contact Philips Consumer Care.
Last edited by Philips; 12-19-2012 at 11:29 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Philips For This Useful Post: