Results 1 to 7 of 7
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    New Member
    Points: 60, Level: 1
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    4
    Points
    60
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    0

    Question 32PFL5404H/12 HDMI audio problems

    Hello,after many and many tries and reading the internal tv manual i came to the conclusion that the TV hardware was ok to reproduce audio from external source (pc in my case),so i started thinking if it could be the software.

    After a small search i was pleased to see that i could update it,so i spent some more time finding a compatible USB drive and downloading the new software,i installed it and i was VERY happy reading the last release note:

    Q5431_0. 26.78.0
    • No sound from external devices through HDMI connection.

    So i installed it,tested again and what?it still doesnt work....im sure 100% the HDMI cable and the pc itself are fine,since i tried with some other monitor and it works.

    Any idea on what it could help me?

    Thanks,
    Diego c.

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Points: 9,766, Level: 29
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Overdrive
    Philips - Benedickte's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,015
    Points
    9,766
    Level
    29
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by sirion89 View Post
    Hello,after many and many tries and reading the internal tv manual i came to the conclusion that the TV hardware was ok to reproduce audio from external source (pc in my case),so i started thinking if it could be the software.

    After a small search i was pleased to see that i could update it,so i spent some more time finding a compatible USB drive and downloading the new software,i installed it and i was VERY happy reading the last release note:

    Q5431_0. 26.78.0
    • No sound from external devices through HDMI connection.

    So i installed it,tested again and what?it still doesnt work....im sure 100% the HDMI cable and the pc itself are fine,since i tried with some other monitor and it works.

    Any idea on what it could help me?

    Thanks,
    Diego c.
    Hi Diego c.

    Welcome to this forum.
    Could you please confirm what graphic card you are using in your PC?
    Also make sure your PC is sending audio out through the HDMI port and not via other "audio out" outputs.
    Is the graphic card up to date?

    Please also see the following link for more information.


    Best regards,
    Benedickte
    Last edited by Philips - Benedickte; 12-17-2012 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Adding link
    Forum Mod

  3. #3
    New Member
    Points: 60, Level: 1
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    4
    Points
    60
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    0
    Hello Benedickte,

    Thank you for your reply,my pc is a notebook acer aspire 6930g and it has a NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT with the latest driver. Im sure that it can do what im trying to achieve since as i said i tested on 2 more monitors using same cable + same pc and it works good.

    Of course i remembered to set the output on the HDMI (im using windows 7).

    I am sure that i did everything the same beetween my testes so i am a bit confused on why it still doesnt work.

    I wait for some more ideas if u have any.

    Thank you again,
    Best regards,
    Diego C.

  4. #4
    Moderator
    Points: 9,766, Level: 29
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Overdrive
    Philips - Benedickte's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,015
    Points
    9,766
    Level
    29
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by sirion89 View Post
    Hello Benedickte,

    Thank you for your reply,my pc is a notebook acer aspire 6930g and it has a NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT with the latest driver. Im sure that it can do what im trying to achieve since as i said i tested on 2 more monitors using same cable + same pc and it works good.

    Of course i remembered to set the output on the HDMI (im using windows 7).

    I am sure that i did everything the same beetween my testes so i am a bit confused on why it still doesnt work.

    I wait for some more ideas if u have any.

    Thank you again,
    Best regards,
    Diego C.
    Hi Diego C.

    Thank you for this information. As I can see you have a NVIDIA graphics, this means that they may not work 100% with Philips TV's when it comes to sound out (statement found in most graphic card manuals from NVIDIA).The work around it to use a different audio cable.

    Hope this gives an understanding why you got difficulties getting your sound and I'm sorry if it's not the answer you wanted.

    Best regards,
    Benedickte
    Forum Mod

  5. #5
    New Member
    Points: 60, Level: 1
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    4
    Points
    60
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    0
    Hello Benedickte,

    I didnt know about this issue beeween NVIDIA and Philips,this might indeed be the problem,one of the monitor /TV i tested on is an ASUS the other one i cant remember (it was from a friend).

    Well then i suppose i have to get some audio cable and deal with it if i want to use that TV from my PC.

    Thank you a lot for the time spent and the informations you gave me.

    Have a nice day and good luck with your work.

    Best regards,
    Diego C.

  6. #6
    Moderator
    Points: 9,766, Level: 29
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Overdrive
    Philips - Benedickte's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,015
    Points
    9,766
    Level
    29
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by sirion89 View Post
    Hello Benedickte,

    I didnt know about this issue beeween NVIDIA and Philips,this might indeed be the problem,one of the monitor /TV i tested on is an ASUS the other one i cant remember (it was from a friend).

    Well then i suppose i have to get some audio cable and deal with it if i want to use that TV from my PC.

    Thank you a lot for the time spent and the informations you gave me.

    Have a nice day and good luck with your work.

    Best regards,
    Diego C.
    Hi Diego.

    Thank you and I wish you a merry christmas and a happy new year

    Best regards,
    Benedickte
    Forum Mod

  7. #7
    New Member
    Points: 60, Level: 1
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    4
    Points
    60
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    0
    Oh yeah,forgot about that,i wish you a merry christmas and a happy new year aswell =)

    Cheers!

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to sirion89 For This Useful Post:

    Philips - Benedickte (12-18-2012)

Similar Topics

  1. HDMI Audio Problems HELP
    By ktakeover in forum TV: Connectivity
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-24-2012, 10:44 PM
  2. Audio sync problems
    By Dr Dan in forum Blu-ray: BDP2000 & 3000 Series
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-20-2012, 12:31 PM
  3. sort digital channels 32pfl5404h/12
    By angry-ball in forum TV: Installation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-23-2012, 05:27 PM
  4. 32PFL5404H/12 audio sync
    By pons in forum TV: Connectivity
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-20-2012, 02:34 PM
  5. audio problems mkv with ac3 audio
    By bazedo in forum TV: Streaming & Network
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-01-2010, 02:10 PM

Tags for this Topic

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •