Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

No internet radio SLA5520

Hello,

thing I have an SLA5520 and it was working fine but now when I go to internet radio ijust get ---------------empty------------.
    On the forum every seems ok but it does not work for me.
    UPNP is OK on my router, my Phillips Streamium account is slow but it works.

Any ideas of what I can do, please?

Thanks
    Phil

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hello. I have same problem as you have. What shall i do? Have you speak with Phillips? i dont now how to do it.Pleas, whrite if you know something.
    Thanks
    Claes.

Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hi Claes
    I am hoping some nice Phillips person will come and help us. Perhaps is a port forwarding problem.
    I would try and set the ports manually but I don't know what they are.
    And I don"t know when the SLA5520 broadcasts the UPNP request as I found my router UPNP table full. I cleared it but it still does not work!
    Phil

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

It doesn´t work!

Quote Originally Posted by PhilW View Post
    Hi Claes
    I am hoping some nice Phillips person will come and help us. Perhaps is a port forwarding problem.
    I would try and set the ports manually but I don't know what they are.
    And I don"t know when the SLA5520 broadcasts the UPNP request as I found my router UPNP table full. I cleared it but it still does not work!
    Phil
    Hi. Thank you for your answer. I still think that Philips have some trouble with their server. And they work with it(Ihope).
    We have to wait and see.
    Regards
    Claes.

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Greetings all,
    I too have a SLA5520 and effectively stopped working internet radio.
    Today I contacted Philips and do not know what can happen, think it's a problem of your portal Streamium.
    To you and I work?

regards

Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I have two SLA5520's and both have stopped working in Internet Radio with the same eror. I have contacted Philips too so lets wait and see!

Here's Hoping,
    Phil

Silver Member
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 149
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    But if all worked perfectly before and suddenly stopped have doubts its ports. Had some issues yesterday with my sons NP2900 that lost internet radio and did not come back...

Will try again tonight to see the story but did you try already again?

Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Yes I thought it could not be ports either. But if Philips say its all ok their end you have to believe them don't you? Interesting one of yours is not working either!
    I will wait a bit and see what happens. Might reboot router but downloading now.

Phil

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 268
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Good morning all.

Just to let you know that I have the same problem with my Stremium WAC7500. The Internet Server cannot be connected is the message I've been getting ofr over 15 days now.

When I contacted Philips Support Desk (via Chat) after a week they told me that "they were aware of the problem ... and it was 'Down' for maintenance and to try again on the following Monday. Which I did but it still didn't work.

I was then away for a week but felt confident by the time I got back it would be working - but it wasn't. So I went back to the Philips Help Desk for another chat session. They told me the same thing that "it was still down for maintenance." I queried how maintenance could last that long ... 12 days maintenance seems a bit excessive to me .... but all I got was some sort of platitude comment like "we apologise for the inconvenience". When I asked how much longer it would take....... they couldn't tell me.

Make of that as you will ... but I get the feeling that they just don't care how many people it inconveniences or just how frustrating it is.

We live in a rural area of West Wales (UK) where we cannot get an FM signal - so we are reliant on Internet Radio ... hence the reason for purchasing this piece of equipment. Frankly I am fed up with Philips rather cavalier attitiude.

Hope that it gets sorted soon ... but somehow I don't think we'll be listening to the internet radio over Christmas or the New Year somehow.

Best wishes
    Diana

Quote Originally Posted by PhilW View Post
    Hello,

thing I have an SLA5520 and it was working fine but now when I go to internet radio ijust get ---------------empty------------.
    On the forum every seems ok but it does not work for me.
    UPNP is OK on my router, my Phillips Streamium account is slow but it works.

Any ideas of what I can do, please?

Thanks
    Phil

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 80.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    hi daffodil anothe chat with carrie no help at all said it must be my unit at fault as no one else complained i said have a look on the chat forum she said to return the unit if its still on waranty but they know its not they just can not be bothered i chated with duncan that said the fault was at philips end and would be back on soon but still nothing have you managed to get any luck with yours

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Still no internet radio connection with my sla5520.
    I used to work with philips, at the PROFESSIONAL HEALTHCARE division.
    If our support and service was as lousy as the support experienced with these streamium devices
    we were all out of business now.
    This is a disaster, philips please get some of your employees to use their brains,
    and COMMUNICATE what is the root cause and the corrective actions to be taken.
    Or should we use facebook, twitter etc to spread your service level (ZERO) before we get a sensible response.

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I just chatted with the service support but the issue is too technical for them
    So it is a waiste of time to follow that procedure, as others in this forum already experienced
    I got a phone number to call : 0900 2021177
    So please use this maybe someone at last has an expert knowledge

13. The Following User Says Thank You to pjm For This Useful Post:

Daffodil Dai (01-03-2013)

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Lightbulb

I have never been very lucky with contacting the Philips Support Team .... Customer Service just doesn't seem to come top of their priorities. I am suffering from the lack of Internet Radio at the moment (since December 7th 2012) and have been struggling to get an answer from Philips as to what the problem is.

If I use the Chat facility - they tell me that the Internet Radio Server is down for maintenance ... and yet today - I have had a response to my topic to say that there is a known problem and they cannot tell me when it will be fixed.

I have suggested that they start up a TECHNICAL NOTICEBOARD on this website where they post any KNOWN PROBLEMS for a product ... on a DAILY basis and they can then also post any FIXES at the same place ... it would save all this time and effort trying to seek an answer ..... especially when it's their problem?

Can I suggest that if you think this might be a good idea - perhaps you could write a note to the same effect to The Philips Moderation Team/Support and see if we can use people power to get them to provide a better and more efficient service to their existing customers. What do you think?

I understand that every supplier/manufacturer suffers from technical problems occasionally .... and I would imagine most Customers are pretty sympathetic to that ... however, what I find really hard to accept is their lethargy and total lack of action (& seemingly lack of care) about the frustration involved to Customers.

Proactive rather than Reactive should be Philips motto for 2013!!

Happy New Year PJM!
    Regards
    DD

Quote Originally Posted by pjm View Post
    Still no internet radio connection with my sla5520.
    I used to work with philips, at the PROFESSIONAL HEALTHCARE division.
    If our support and service was as lousy as the support experienced with these streamium devices
    we were all out of business now.
    This is a disaster, philips please get some of your employees to use their brains,
    and COMMUNICATE what is the root cause and the corrective actions to be taken.
    Or should we use facebook, twitter etc to spread your service level (ZERO) before we get a sensible response.

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I have [B]AT LAST/B] had a reply (to my original Topic) from The Philips Moderator Team who tell me that there is a problem at their end with the Internet Radio Server (I have a WACS7500 machine)

They cannot give me any further information or tell me when it will be up and running again .... but at least they have admitted that there IS a problem at their end!

I have suggested that they start up a TECHNICAL NOTICEBOARD where they post any KNOWN PROBLEMS on a daily basis and they can then also post any FIXES at the same place ... it would save all this time and effort trying to seek an answer ..... especially when it's their problem?

I suggest that anybody who has this problem - writes a note to Philips Moderation Team/Support to the same effect and see if we can use people power to get them to provide a better and more efficient service to their existing customers. What do you think?

Over to you ............!

Happy New Year
    DD

Quote Originally Posted by coconutjoe01 View Post
    hi daffodil anothe chat with carrie no help at all said it must be my unit at fault as no one else complained i said have a look on the chat forum she said to return the unit if its still on waranty but they know its not they just can not be bothered i chated with duncan that said the fault was at philips end and would be back on soon but still nothing have you managed to get any luck with yours

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Daffodil Dai For This Useful Post:

sboot (01-03-2013)

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 80.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I've had the same problem with my internet radio since about 15/12/2012 and all was working well before. I've tried a master reset of my SLA5520 and re-registered the product on My Philips to no avail.

Glad to see they are aware of the problem though. I bet the person who is meant to be fixing this problem (and has the admin password) has been on holiday over Christmas, or may have left the company and someone else is trying to pick up the pieces LOL. I really hope they fix it soon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast