• Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Update Firmware for Shoqbox SB7200 ?

Does Philips off any Firmware Updates for the Shoqbox SB7200 ? Many other Bluetooth wireless speakers offer the ability to update the Firmware for the device, which improved functionality and adds new features. For example, the Jawbone Jambox offers updates to improve the product's software.

Gold Member
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Good question and it would be "easy" to do so I think...

BTW what problems are you having or you want more features

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Would like to have the ability to "deactivate" the motion sensor when needed. When I use my Shoqbox in active environments where there is movement, the music gets paused all the time.

Would also like a better battery life indicator... like "battery at 40%", not just "plenty of battery left".
    Jawbone Jambox had an update to improve battery life, add new voices, and change features options.

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Dear gsinadinos,

There will be no possibilities for updating the software of the Shoqbox as you asked. This means no additional features will be added to the device.

Kind regards,
    Philips Moderation Team
    Forum Mod

Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Thumbs down Dissapointed

Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Remko View Post
    Dear gsinadinos,

There will be no possibilities for updating the software of the Shoqbox as you asked. This means no additional features will be added to the device.

Kind regards,
    Philips Moderation Team
    To be totally honest I'm so disappointed by this comment and information I'm on the fence of returning my one phillips product (the shoqbox). I love the speaker as is so far, but if Phillips intention is to utterly ignore any future support for it via firmware updates, adding new features or not, I'm not sure if I don't want my money spent on something that does. For example a JamBox.

I also agree about the percentages. The software must have a threshold that determines the response. Even if it's only an approximate measurement it's silly it can't report better. Even at quartermarks. the "Plenty of battery" is all but useless

Not to mention we sell these at work. Not so sure I"m going to give such personal recommendations any more. I won't trash it, but I don't know if I can personally vouch for it in my own use.

To not have support to update firmware is just plain lazy, there's not really any good excuse for a company of this quality or magnitude. To not develop new features that are easily implemented for a "smart device" is just foolish. Even if it's something as simple as allowing access to the file structure to replace the audio. With as much competition that is out there, and Phillips not having the largest foothold in mobile speakers you really should be working to gain customer loyalty, not let it sit idle or pass away.

I bought the device with the intention of using the carabiner to attach it to a light stand during photo shoots and stream music from my phone. Of course for use as music while taking a shower etc as well. I had intended purchasing a second to pair up in stereo, a killer feature, but will not be now.

More constructively, the tone of your response makes me want to return it just out of customer spite. Instead of leaving it open ended as "there are no plans for this right now" your iron clad "never" makes me feel unappreciated as a customer as if Phillips only concern is my money up front, and no support over the use of the device. This is not a good way to build customer loyalty. I'm sure glad I don't have a smart phone made by Phillips, or a computer for that matter.

Edit: In particular you must not know the product very well because you failed to answer the issue of the poster just above you: Press the power button twice to deactivate the motion sensor and twice again to reactivate it. Simple and works great.
    Last edited by ShoqBoxUser; 01-02-2013 at 07:22 AM. Reason: extension (marked with edit)

Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gsinadinos View Post
    Would like to have the ability to "deactivate" the motion sensor when needed. When I use my Shoqbox in active environments where there is movement, the music gets paused all the time.

Would also like a better battery life indicator... like "battery at 40%", not just "plenty of battery left".
    Jawbone Jambox had an update to improve battery life, add new voices, and change features options.
    Press the Power button twice: deactivates the sensor, and twice to reactivate it. Simple and works great. Oddly enough I can't ever seem to get the pause play to work on purpose. :P