Location, TV model purchased, firmware installed
sometimes is difficult to understad/support/follow the issues posted in this forum.
The reason is that:
1) is not displayed which Philips TV model we've purchased
2) is not known which firmware version is installed
3) is not known if the TV is connected to other external devices (ps3, soundbars, home teather systems, etc...) via HDMI, SPDIF, etc...
4) is not known where we're from (not everyone but a lot of us)
I think that could be useful if everyone of us could fill the profile with these details:
Town - TV model purchased - Firmware installed
Thanks a lot, regards
Last edited by Nettle; 03-07-2011 at 09:14 AM.
Triggered by the suggestions of Nettle, I've added some extra User Profile Fields, where you can fill in your gear.
They are called:
- Model and Serial Number (device #1), for the main device (TV)
- Model and Serial Number (device #2), for the connected device (e.g DVD).
Please fill them...... (if you don't know the serial number, only fill in the device model number).
Last edited by Philips; 03-07-2011 at 08:56 AM.
Not only "Model & S/N" but even the "firmware version installed" should be shown
in my opinion.
Last edited by Nettle; 03-07-2011 at 09:10 AM.
great idea - It would be even better, if one would see these two inputs in the normal forum - not only in the profile...
I also support to have a field for the "firmware version" - for both devices
Last edited by Toengel; 03-07-2011 at 09:47 AM.
Originally Posted by Philips
these infos should appear in every answer of the forum's members.
These infos should be placed at the end of evry reply (as standard signature) or on the left column under "Join Date", "Location", "number of posts", etc..
There's enough space for it.
Every time that a post is started (info requests, technical problems, etc...)
It's too annoying to take a look to every user's profile section to understand the model purchased, external devices used and so on.
Last edited by Nettle; 03-13-2011 at 01:02 PM.