12-19-2012, 10:27 AM #1
- Join Date
- May 2010
- The Netherlands
- Thanked 22 Times in 18 Posts
- Rep Power
TV blocks/reboots/does not respond to RC/cannot change channels (SCC_96273).
Overview of model numbers and SW ID: Q554x_SW_ID.xls
An upgrade of the Stand-by software is needed to counter issues like:
- Picture freezes.
- No response to remote control commands.
- TV set sometime switching off by itself and rebooting.
- Not able to change channels.
Upgrade the Stand-by software of the TV to version 220.127.116.11 (or higher).
There are two upgrade methods: via USB stick or via Remote Service. See instructions below.
Before you start, ensure that you have the following:
• A USB flash drive (= stick) with at least 100MB of free space (note: do not use a USB hard disk drive for a software update).
• A file compression application (the latest version of WinZip® is recommended).
Note: This procedure assumes that you use a Microsoft® Windows® PC with the latest version of WinZip installed.
Step 1. First, check the Main TV software:
- Be sure to have the latest Main TV SW loaded: v0.96.0.0 (or higher). If okay, proceed with Step 2.
- If not okay, download the file from the Philips support website and follow the given instructions.
When ready, go to Step 2.
Step 2. Upgrade Stand-by software:
- The upgrade file is attached: select and download the "StandbySW_Q554x_18.104.22.168.zip" file (the "x" is model dependent: M is for M/08 sets, the rest uses E).
- Insert the empty USB flash drive into a USB connector on your PC.
- On your PC, create a folder named "upgrades’ in the root directory of the USB flash drive.
- Extract the UPG-file to the "upgrades" folder on the USB flash drive (do not place in the root dir).
- Using the archive utility, extract the UPG-file to the "upgrades" folder on the USB flash drive.
- Safely remove the USB flash drive from the PC.
- Remove all USB devices (such as Wi-Fi adaptor) from the TV, then switch ON the TV.
- Connect the USB flash drive to a USB connector on the TV.
- Press the Home/Menu button, and select [Setup] > [Software settings] > [Local updates].
- Select the correct UPG file and press OK.
- A prompt appears, select [Continue], then press OK.
- The software upgrade starts automatically.
- The upgrade is complete when a notification message appears on screen.
- Remove the USB flash drive from the TV.
- You need to disconnect the power cable from the power outlet. Wait one minute then reconnect it. After that you can start your TV in the usual way.
An RS fix will be made available that will enable an upgrade of the Stdby SW via IP. This must be scheduled via the callcenter. (#)
- (*) Files are attached.
- (#) Only applicable to IP-connected sets and in countries where the "Remote Service" feature is rolled out (currently only Nordic, DACh, and BeNeLux).
- Caution: Do not switch "off" the TV or remove the USB flash drive during the software update!
- If an error occurs during the update, retry the procedure. If the error re-occurs, contact Philips Consumer Care.
Last edited by Philips; 12-19-2012 at 03:23 PM.Forum Mod
The Following User Says Thank You to Philips For This Useful Post:
By Rodin10 in forum TV ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 12-16-2012, 05:55 PM
By mduran in forum TV: Software 2013 models and olderReplies: 1Last Post: 09-15-2012, 02:30 PM
By rafalmag in forum TV ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 06-10-2012, 05:01 PM
By hhuyghen in forum TV: Software 2013 models and olderReplies: 6Last Post: 12-28-2011, 12:45 PM
By Onnenonkija in forum TV ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 08-23-2011, 06:16 AM