WAS7500 Station - real factory reset
I´m using two WAS7500 since a few years. They are updated to the latest firmware available. Since some month both stations got slower and slower and sometimes stopped to respond to the remote control and the buttons at the device. After this is happening I have to unplug and replug the device from power; now it works again for some days or hours.
So I tried to make a factory reset, but even after doing this the symptom described above is there again.
So I think (because it affects both devices, which will not have a hardware error at the same time) that some internal memory might be corrupt.
Therefore please tell me: Is there some other (undocumented) method to do a "real" factory reset, which might resolve these problems?
Unfortunately, this is the only reset available for the stations.
If you were not referring specifically to the station you can find full details on how to reset the WACS7500 unit on p82 of the user manual:
If you were referring specifically to the station I have sent further info on the next steps in a private message, please check your inbox for full details.
Can you please send me the same instructions?
I am experiencing the same issues, having to unplug/re=plug in the WAS7500.
The buttons are non-responsive, both on station and remote.
Also, is there a repair available for this condition?
Originally Posted by Philips - Andrea
WAS7500 buttons problem
I'm using a WAC7500 to which 3 WAS7500 are connecting. For a few months now I'm experiencing on 2 of the 3 WAS stations the same behaviour as described above. Reset as described in the meanual did not help. Sometimes buttons work for minutes, sometimes not at all.
Another aspect: What also happens from time to time is that the buttons (navigation and Volume) react, but do not stop any more (e.g. you press once + for more volume and volume stops again at max. level!).
Last edited by hari; 03-26-2012 at 12:47 PM.
WAS7500 buttons problem
I have exactly the same problem, including up/down volume.
Also, when the WAS starts up, it tries to look for the CEnter (which I do not have).
I quickly press the menu buttons to the setting I need (Radio e.g.) then immediately adjust the volume to the level I need. If I don't move fast enough, the volume buttons become unresponsive or just go up or down all the way.
Very annoying, I will try to get a quote for repair for the unit, but I am dissappointed. This is a very interesting product but it had and continues to have many bugs. I wish Philips can push a new *.bin file to address these concerns.
Originally Posted by hari
Philips wont correct this bug, like it did not within the last years. Dump the device, and dont buy a philips device again. Thats my outcome.
Another customer walking away from Philips
Good advice, considering the inexisting support for this serious issue.
Too bad, the company has good ideas but is unable and/or unwilling to support its products.
I totally agree; they have great ideas, but the software quality und the support are really bad.
I really don't see why this should be a software issue. It has all characteristics of a H/W-problem.
Has anyone of you who suffers from this problem opened the Station and cleaned the underlying microswitches ?
I am using the same software in my two WAS7500 and their buttons work just fine.
I really believe more in a simultaneous HW problem (in this case probably just dust/dirt) than a software stopping to work properly at the same time :-)
I disagree; the symptom seems to follow strict rules in a way, only software can reproduce. The button shows the failure only at a certain moment.
Ok, I understood that the buttons always behaved like this.
If it only happens in a "certain moment", what are the steps to reproduce it, and exactly what FW version is loaded ?
having the same problems it becomes almost totally unresponsive very very slow, it won't respond to the buttons or the remote, I've tried pulling the plug for a few minutes then plugin it back in, it does not work. i called PHILIPS, they said it's out of warranty now, and gave me some phone numbers for engineers i would have to pay just to look at it ,and if it's a problem they can resolve, i would then pay an additional fee for the repair, witch could run into hundreds..! i purchased the device new and it wasn't cheap, all this started about two to three months out of the warranty, in fact it was a replacement for a center and a station package that i initially bought, but soon went back after the station started to develop (what in hindsight was) smaller problems, but the center worked fine so i decided to go for the stand alone center instead, now it's sitting their with all my music nonfunctional. "NOT HAPPY!!"
In the meantime I checked all microswitches in one of the affected devices, and they are all working properly. But to be honest, I expected that result due to the fact that the devices also become uncontrollable by remote control, as already stated by dorinstancu. So if we have a HW problem, it has to be the on the controller side.