Message: "Philips server not found".
Check this post for tips.
Last edited by Philips; 05-09-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Reason: URL had to be corrected: add /en/ after .com
One potential cause of this that I experienced is that your ISP may be blocking access.
I have a Series 9000 tv and it used to work fine with NetTv and Updating Firmaware - until one day it didn't! After a lot of trials and reading this site, the TV dealer took the TV back to his shop and tried it there and it worked.
On return of the TV to my house I still could not connect to Net TV. Now I have 2 internet connections from my home (due to work) so I connected the TV to the other - it worked immediately.
I then changed my main ISP and the Net TV started to work again.
I hope this will help in solving someone else's problems.
Do you mean that there are Internet Service Providers that do not support Net TV?
I find that hard to believe. What internet service providers did you use?
For the TV it is simple, it needs to be able to contact the Net TV portal directly.
So it is not allowed to have anything in between.
When you work via a proxy server, than normally you connect to a website where you have to log-in or need to click on a button to pass. The TV canít do that.
I have used several ISPs in my time. ISPs are known to block access to certain service providers if the traffic volumes from it are excessive.
Now my main use of NetTV has been TuneIn radio - I cannot imagine that being excessive use. I also have a radio connected to the internet and that never gets blocked so I can only imagine that the ISP in question has done something about its users accessing the NetTV server.
Which ISP - well that is not straight forward. I have two.
For my main broadband connection I used a company called Chess Telecom as my ISP - however their internet service was provied by a white label managed service ISP in the UK called Griffin. But their customers are smaller providers who wish to offer a wide range of telephony services without building their own infrastructure. It was with this company that I got the service blocked.
My second ISP is Demon, and after discovering that Chess/Griffin were blocking me I tried to connect via Demon - this worked - thus confirming that the blocking was ISP specific. As I had already decided on a change of ISP from Chess for other reasons I did not follow up the blocking reason. My new main ISP provides no problem.
Thanks for the link. It looks like all of my questions are answered on that page.